How to stop Facebook videos from autoplay on mobile device and PC is what we will be guiding you through on this article. It’s about 4 years ago since the social media giant, Facebook launched its “Facebook Watch” features which enables thousands of Facebook users to upload videos and clips such as short comedy videos, travels, product adverts, marketing, adventures, etc.
Nested into friends posts on your home feed and while surfing Facebook from your mobile phone, they (Facebook Videos) will often blare out in full sound while you are innocently scrolling through. Sounds familiar, right? YES, it does and I can tell you, I have been there too. lol.. While it is fun watching those uploaded funny videos or clips by friends on Facebook, auto playing videos have their place, but can easily become annoying. That’s when it’s time to learn how to stop videos from automatically playing on Facebook.
Autoplaying videos on Facebook can be great if you’re in the mood to watch for a while some uploaded interesting videos such as comedies, latest happenings around you and other places, tutorials, shows, etc. But they can also be annoying in the following ways:
- They can use up your data even when you did not plan to watch online videos.
- Play unexpected loud noises, and even make your system run slower.
Whatever your reason, there is nothing wrong in wanting to turn off autoplay videos on your Facebook for good. This does not mean you will not be seeing Facebook videos anymore, you will still see Facebook videos but this time, you choose to play it or not. Below, I will be guiding you easy steps on how to stop Facebook videos from autoplay on mobile and PC.
How To Stop Facebook Videos From AutoPlay On Mobile Device:
1. Log into your Facebook if not logged in already.
2. Tap the three stacked lines at the top right corner of the screen.
3. Select “Settings & Privacy” followed by “Settings.”
4. Scroll down to the end and tap “Media and Contacts.”
5. Select “Autoplay.”
6. Choose “Never Autoplay Videos.”
It’s that simple, now Facebook videos will not be playing automatically on your mobile device again until you decide to activate it.
How To Stop Facebook Videos From AutoPlay On PC:
1. Again, log into your Facebook.
2. Click the downward-facing arrow in the top toolbar and click “Settings.”
3. Click the “Videos” option in the toolbar on the right side of the screen.
4. Next to “Auto-play videos,” select “Off” from the drop-down menu.
From there, you can also change the default video quality, as well as turning on or off the video captions option.