InfininxMobility is at it again, this time, the Shenzhen-based smartphone maker announced their latest addition tag Infinix Zero 8 to its Zero series lineup in Indonesia just few weeks after releasing a pocket friendly Infinix Smart 5. The Infinix Zero 8 which is known as the extraordinary speed monster and vision master brings a few first for the brand with a 90Hz refresh rate display, a unique rhombus-shaped quad camera with a 64M primary shooter and 2.0 GHz Octa-core, Cortex-A76 MediaTek Helio G90T chipset + liquid cooling system.
The extra-ordinary speed monster and vision master is a 6.85-inch IPS LCD with a pill-shaped cutout for the dual 48MP and 8MP selfie cameras. The 90Hz refresh rate is accompanied by 180Hz touch sampling.
The back features the aforementioned 64MP Sony IMX686 main sensor, capable of taking awesome night-time shots, a 4K video recording and EIS alongside 8MP ultrawide snapper and two 2MP shooters for low light videos and depth data. The MediaTek Helio G90T is hooked with an 8GB RAM and 128GB onboard storage and can be expandable using a microSD. With 8GB RAM and Helio G90T combo, multitasking on this beast is a breeze without a glitch and can take on any thing thrown at it
Infinix Zero 8 comes with Android 10 out of the box coupled with Infinix XOS 7 skin. The battery packs 4,500mAh and supports 33W SuperCharge, this means Zero 8 cam be charged from 0-100% within few minutes. Other notable features include a headphone jack, FM radio receiver and side-mounted fingerprint scanner.
Infinix Zero 8 Specifications And Features
Mobile Wireless Network and Software
- 2G Mobile Network Bands: GSM, GPRS, EDGE 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 MHz.
- 3G Mobile Network Bands: UMTS, WCDMA, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100 MHz
- 4G Mobile Network Bands: LTE 1(2100) / 3(1800) / 5(850) / 8(900) / 38(2600) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
- 5G Mobile Network Bands: No.
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, Dual SIM
- Software/ OS: Android 10 + XOS 7
Design, Form Factor, Appearance
- Dimensions: 166.7 x 75.8 x 8.4 mm
- Weight: G
- Display: 6.85 inches, 2460 x 1080 pixels, 20:9 aspect ratio, 90 Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling rate, IPS LCD screen, pill notch
- Colours: Black. Space Grey. Luzern Green.
- Physical Build: Plastic
Internal Hardware Specs
- Processor Type: 64-bit, 2.0 GHz Octa-core, Cortex-A76
- Processor Name: Mediatek Helio G90T + Liquid cooling system
- Graphics Processor: ARM Mali G76
- RAM: 8 GB
- Internal Storage: 128 GB
- External Storage: microSD, up to 512 GB (dedicated slot)
Photography, Video Recording
- Rear Quad Camera: 64 MP Sony IMX686 6P main camera + 8 MP ultra wide angle + 2 MP ultra night video lens + 2 MP depth, Quad LED flash, AI, 1080p@30fps video recording with EIS 3.0
- Front-facing Dual Camera: 48 MP ultra night mode + 8 MP ultra wide angle, Dual flash light, Face Recognition, 1080p@30fps video capture
Audio, Video Playback
- Music Support: PCM, AAC / AAC + / eAAC + / MP3 / AMR – NB / WB / APE
- Audio: 3.5 mm audio jack
- Loudspeaker: Mono speaker
- Video Support: H.264/MP4/MPEG4 player
- FM Radio: Yes.
- Digital Compass: Yes.
- Accelerometer: Yes.
- Proximity Sensor: Yes.
- Ambient Light Sensor: Yes.
- Barometer: No.
- Pedometer: No.
- Heart Rate Monitor: No.
- Gyroscope (G-Sensor): Yes.
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes; side-mounted.
- Face Unlock: Yes.
- Iris Scanner: No.
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: No.
- Voice Control: No.
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes; Google Assistant.
- Infra-red Sensor: No.
- Bluetooth: v5.0, A2DP
- WiFi: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, hotspot
- GPS: Yes, A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- USB: microUSB v2.0. Type-C reversible connector
- NFC: No.
- Battery Type and Capacity: Non-Removable Lithium-Ion 4500 mAh
- Battery Charging: 33W fast charge
- Wireless Charging: No.
- Reverse Charging: No.
- Model Version/Number: N/A.
Infinix Zero 8 is available in Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Senegal, Tanzania, Cote D’Ivoire, India, Philippines. Indonesia and Bangladesh. The device will go on sale on August 31 with a retail of IDR 3,799,000 in Indonesia where it goes on sale first. In Nigeria, the price is about ₦117,000.