LeEco Coolpad Cool 1 Dual is one among the best Android phone with reasonable and affordable price, the device packs awesome specifications which include 1.8GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 650 processor and it comes with 64 GB, 4 GB RAM or 32 GB, 3/4 GB RAM. The phone internal storage cannot be expanded. As far as the cameras are concerned, the Coolpad Cool 1 Dual packs a 13-megapixel primary camera on the rear and a 8-megapixel front shooter for selfies with a 5.50-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels. To find more review and LeEco coolpad cool 1 specifications, visit devicespecifications. In this article, we will be talking about easy guide on how to root coolpad cool 1 dual c103, 106 model. Follow below simple guide to root LeEco coolpad cool 1.
Rooting is the process of allowing users of smartphones, tablets and other devices running the Android mobile operating system to attain privileged control (known as root access) over various Android subsystems. As Android uses the Linux kernel, rooting an Android device gives similar access to administrative (superuser) permissions as on Linux or any other Unix-like operating system such as FreeBSD or OS X.
One of the most obvious incentives to root your Android device is to rid yourself of the bloatware that’s impossible to uninstall. Rooted Android phone enables its user make full nandroid backup/restore of installed apps and its data. Additional benefits include the ability to install special apps and flash custom ROMs, each of which can add extra features and streamline your phone or tablet’s performance. A lot of people are tempted by the ability to completely customize the look of their phones. You can also manually accept or deny app permissions all which is only possible if your phone is rooted. Like i used to say, and Android phone without root access is not yet a complete Android smartphone.
- Qualcomm USB Drivers – Qualcomm usb driver is very essential as it enables your phone communicate properly with your PC. Download and install Qualcomm usb driver to your PC if not installed already. If you are using Windows 8, 8.1 and 10, ensure to turn-off drivers signature enforcement before installing Qualcomm usb drivers. Keep reading to see how to turn-off drivers signature enforcement
- LeEco Coolpad Cool 1 TWRP Recovery – Download and extract to another folder in your PC desktop
- MiFlash Tool – Download and extract to another folder in your PC. Open extracted folder and install MiFlash tool (MiPhone.exe)
- SuperSU-v2.82-201705271822.zip – Download
How To Disable Drivers Signature Enforcement On Windows 8,8.1,10
Before installing Qualcomm USB drivers, its important to disable drivers signature enforcement
Open Command Prompt as Administrator and type the following.
Bcdedit.exe –set TESTSIGNING OFF
This allows non Signature and third party Drivers to Install on the Windows. Remember to Re-Enable Driver Signature Enforcement after the rooting process. Type the Bcdedit.exe –set TESTSIGNING ON to Re-Enable after rooting.
NOTE: We will be installing TWRP recovery to LeEco Coolpad Cool 1 which will be used to root coolpad cool 1 afterwards.
How To Install TWRP Recovery On Coolpad Cool 1 Using MiFlash Tool
#1. Download and extract LeEco coolpad cool 1 twrp recovery to another folder in your PC desktop
#2. Download and extract MiFlash tool to another folder in your PC desktop. Open extracted folder and install MiFlash tool (MiPhone20160401.exe). Ensure to accept drivers installation when prompted.
#3. Now launch MiFlash tool. To find MiFlash tool after installation, goto Local Disk (C:)/ Program Files/ Xiaomi/ MiPhone
#4. Now, in MiFlash tool, select “Browse”, locate extracted coolpad cool 1 twrp recovery folder, select and “OK” to load recovery files to MiFlash tool.
#5. Now, goto your phone and do the following:
- Activate debugging mode. To activate debugging mode, goto Settings, About phone and hit build number 7 times to activate developers option
- Now, go back to settings, developers option, scroll down and activate USB debugging
- Now, turn-off your phone completely
- Reboot to EDL mode. To boot to EDL mode, plug your phone to PC, press and hold Volume up, Volume down and Power button at the same time until your phone LED start blinking continuously, release keys afterwards
#6. Now back to MiFlash tool, select “Refresh” to find below screenshot.
#7. Now, select “Flash” to begin installing twrp recovery to your coolpad cool 1 smartphone. After installation, you should see below screenshot.
That’s it, twrp recovery has been successfully installed. Unplug your device from PC and boot it to recovery mode. Press and hold Volume up + power button to boot to twrp recovery mode. Keep reading how to root coolpad cool 1 Android phone.
How To Root Coolpad Cool 1 c103 c106 Smartphone
Granted you have install twrp recovery, do the following to root your coolpad cool 1
- Download SuperSU-v2.82-201705271822.zip
- Now, reboot your phone to twrp recovery mode
- In twrp recovery, select “Install” and locate SuperSU-v2.82-201705271822.zip, select and proceed to install
- After installation, simply reboot your phone.
That’s it, you have rooted your Coolpad cool 1 phone. To verify root, download and install root checker.apk app to verify.
We will like to read your comments and feedback. Don’t forget to share this guide with your interested friends