Recently, Google introduced Adsense Auto Ads feature, a powerful new way to easily place ads on websites/ blogs for the general public. Auto ads use machine learning to make smart ads placement and monetization decisions on your behalf, thereby saving you time of manual ads placement. All you have to do is place one piece of code just once to all of your pages, and Google will take care of the rest for you without you stressing yourself looking for where to manually place ad codes in your site. The question now is, how do you add Adsense auto ads in your WordPress site? In this easy to follow step-by-step tutorial, I’ll guide you through each step on how to add Adsense auto ads to WordPress site, no coding needed. It is easy and very simple.
Some benefits of Auto ads include:
- Optimization: Using machine learning, Auto ads show ads only when they are likely to perform well and provide a good user experience.
- Revenue opportunities: Auto ads will identify any available ad space and place new ads there, potentially increasing your revenue.
- Easy to use: With Auto ads you only need to place the ad code on your pages once. When you’re ready to use new features and ad formats, simply turn them on and off with the flick of a switch — there’s no need to change the code again.
As of late February 2018, Google made their Auto Ads feature available for everyone who already has an Adsense Account. I have read some articles that you already need to have a certain income to be able to use their Auto Ads feature, I don’t know exactly how that is measured. I have only very little income and it was available to me. A friend of mine who’s Adsense application request got approved recently also has the auto ads feature available for him.
The Google Adsense Auto Ads feature is using Machine Learning and A.I (artificial intelligence) to place ads intelligently on your Website. This is cool because if you are used to WordPress AdInserter Plugin, you know that you can place ads on your page manually and that you specify exactly where to place them, how many of them to place and also how to deal with articles that don’t have that many words. Do you want to bombard them with Ads, creating a shitty experience for your reader? Most likely not.
And this is exactly where Adsense Auto Ads comes into play. It is still very new and most likely far from perfect, but so far it handled ad placement pretty well for me. It avoids placing too many Ads in articles that have just a few words. I am definitely excited to see where this goes in the future. I will also track how it impacts my revenue.
Alright, enough of the theory, let’s get see how to add Adsense auto ads to WordPress. If you already have Adsense Ads placed on your Website, Adsense Auto Ads will automatically recognize them and replace them with its own Ads but for best result, it is recommended you remove all your ad codes from your site before implementing auto ads. I disabled all my manually placed Ads before using Auto Ads.
How To Add Adsense Auto Ads To WordPress
Step #1. Enabling Google Auto Ads:
- Log in to your Adsense Account and Navigate to My Ads -> Content -> Auto Ads. Then click on Get Started.
- Now choose which kind of Ads you wish to implement. I choose all of them as I want to see how they perform.
- After clicking Next, you can actually go ahead without copying the Code, because we will utilize Advanced Ads Plugin to implement the Code and this will be automatically done via your Adsense PUB-ID. Click on Finish.
Step #2. Installing the WordPress Advanced Ads Plugin:
- Log in to your WordPress Dashboard and click on Plugins -> Add New.
- Now type “Advanced Ads” in the Search Bar and click on Install Now.
- After the installation is finished, click on Activate.
Step #3. Configuring the Advanced Ads Plugin:
- Now go back to your Adsense Account and Navigate to Settings -> Account -> Account Information and copy your Publisher-ID.
- Go back to your WordPress Dashboard. Now click on Advanced Ads in the Sidebar and select its Settings.
- On top where it says Adsense ID, paste in your copied Publisher ID. Also, check Verification code & Auto Ads.
- Finally hit Save settings.
And there you have it. Auto Ads will now handle ads on your Website from there within 10-20 mins. I am still in the evaluation phase myself and can’t exactly report on if I like it or not, but I will definitely write a follow up once I have some more experience with it. I really like the Idea of clever Ad Placement, giving me more time to focus on content creation. Hope you like this article on how to add Adsense auto ads to WordPress site, do share it with your friends. Your comments is also welcome.