You will agree with me when it comes to watching movies or video playback on Android, we will want the best viewing experience, thereby searching for a high-quality android video player app which can play variety of video file format which also offers great support for subtitles, good sound and able to handle high-resolution videos.
While it may seem an easy task to grab a great video player for android from Google playstore, choosing a good media player app for Android devices is harder than it seems. It doesn’t all come down to the number of video formats it supports. For the best video player app for Android, you will need a player app that has to offer optimizations and hardware acceleration for smooth playback and great battery performance and wouldn’t it be great if you can just download it for free.
Below are 5 best Android video player App you can find on Google Play Store available to download for Free.
1.) MX PLAYER: MX Video Player is probably the most famous and downloaded video player app on play Store, and the reasons are obvious: the app supports multi-core decoding, CPU optimizations, child lock, full compatibility with Jelly Bean and of course the ability to play almost any type of video with subtitles. Well, the good things about MX Video Player app doesn’t end here. The player also allows to control playback with simple gestures, like swiping up/down for volume adjustments, or swipe left/right for rewind/forward into the video.
Mx Player Subtitle Formats:
- DVD, DVB, SSA/ASS subtitle tracks.
- SubStation Alpha(.ssa/.ass) with full styling.
- SAMI(.smi) with Ruby tag support.
If you’ve never tried it, now is the time to do so considering the enormous potential and pleasant graphics that it offers. The recent update brought an improved hardware decoder called H/W+. It also runs on the Nexus 7 tablet and offers background play. You can Download MX Player for Android totally free
2.) VLC PLAYER: VLC media player is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player that plays most multimedia files as well as discs, devices, and network streaming protocols. VLC player for Android can play any video and audio files, as well as network streams, network shares and drives, and DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC. The player is also a full audio player with a complete database, an equalizer and filters, playing all weird audio formats.
VLC is intended for everyone, is totally free, has no ads, no in-app-purchases, no spying and is developed by passionate volunteers. All the source code is available for free.
Main Features Of VLC Android Player:
- VLC for Android plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams (including adaptive streaming), DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC. It also support disk shares.
- All formats are supported, including MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, Ogg, FLAC, TS, M2TS, Wv and AAC. All codecs are included with no separate downloads. It supports subtitles, Teletext and Closed Captions.
- VLC for Android has a media library for audio and video files, and allows to browse folders directly.
- VLC has support for multi-track audio and subtitles. It supports auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments and gestures to control volume, brightness and seeking.
- It also includes a widget for audio control, supports audio headsets control, cover art and a complete audio media library. Download Android VLC Player
3.) BSPlayer: BSplayer is another very popular video player app that most of us use it on our PC’s. Like many of the other alternatives, BSPlayer supports most video files formats, subtitles, video streaming, multiple audio tracks and hardware acceleration. One of its advantages is a convenient search engine for subs and the ability to access files on your computer by remote. It also offers background playback in pop-up window that unfortunately doesn’t offer playback controls. One other unique feature is the playback of media files directly from uncompressed RAR archive.
BSPlayer Main Features:
- Android 6.0 compatibility
- multi-core (dual and quad-core) HW decoding support – significantly improves playback speed
- background playback in popup window (long tap on button Back to playback video and audio in popup video)
- hardware accelerated video playback – increases speed and reduces battery consumption*
- Multiple audio streams and subtitles.
- Playlist support and various playback modes.
- External and embedded subtitles ssa/ass, srt, sub. txt…
- Find subtitles automatically (mobile data or wi-fi must be enabled to work)
- Playback media files such as videos and mp3’s directly via Wi-Fi from your network shared drives/folders (such as external USB drives, Samba (SMB/CIFS) shared drives, PC shared folders, NAS servers (Synology and others)) – no need to convert video files and copy media files to SD card anymore!
- Playback files directly from uncompressed RAR files
- Lock screen to prevent accidental change of videos (children lock)
- support for USB OTG (On-The-Go) for example: Nexus media importer, USB OTG Helper, USB Host Controller… and much more!
Download BSPlayer (Free)
4.) VPLAYER: VPlayer is one of the few video players available on the google app store with true Hardware Playback option. VPlayer is available on a trial basis to test it for a week, then you have to buy the unlocker. Although it’s not supported by many devices and the basic features are more or less the same as other software mentioned above, VPlayer is an alternative to be considered because it consumes very little battery and hardware acceleration is really good. Not to mention that the graphics treated in detail . It is able to play all kinds of popular video formats, like MKV, AVI, MOV, FLV, TS, M4V, 3GP. It also can browse the file system or stream video content. It has ability to playback Full HD video on the latest dual/quad-core devices. It also has a very good-looking, clean UI with the latest ICS element in place.
Download VPlayer (Free)
5.) QQPLAYER: QQ player is another good video player for Android. The most interesting feature of QQPlayer is that it has a Private locker, where you can easily hide your private videos with password. Sounds interesting, isn’t it? QQPlayer is able to play almost any video format, support subtitle and gesture, as well as multiple audio tracks switching. Download QQPlayer Android app for free.
There is our top 5 best video player apps for Android to enjoy watching movies or videos comfortably in your Android phone. I hope you must have started downloading any of the above video player for your Android and must have also picked your best among them.
Your comments and feedback is highly welcome and we hope you also share this article with your friends.