Sometimes the need for Custom Recovery installation is essential on Android, infact an Android device without custom recovery installed is not yet a complete Android. Custom recovery has so many advantages over the stock recovery because it enables you Install/ flash custom roms, flashable zip files, make nandroid backup of your entire device and also restore when needed, full wipe/ format, etc.. There are different custom recovery img but personally, i prefer Philz Touch Recovery due to its features over the normal ClockWorkMod (CWM) Recovery.
NOTE: The Recovery in this article is only meant for Infinix Hot Note X551. Flashing/ installing on other device will arise brick issues.
FEATURES OF PHILZ TOUCH RECOVERY
- True JB 4.2 migration: toggle between /data/media and /data/media/0
- Secure recovery lock with passkeybrowse phone with root access using full GUI in Aroma File Manager
- Terminal access from recovery with root access through Aroma File Manager
- Multi Zip Install menu: check multiple zip files to install in a row
- Custom Install Zip Mode: set a default folder to start with + browse backward up to the rootex
- FAT, NTFS and Ext4 support in recovery for external storage through kernel modules for many devices for faster write speed
- TWRP backup and restore support, include full md5 sum support (single and multivolume, compressed and non compressed formats)
- Advanced statistics during backup operations shown in color: total backup size, backup size progress, backup time, compression ratio…
- Support .android_secure backup/restorefrom external storageoptional reboot after custom backups/restoressd-ext support (ext4)
- Nandroid backups support /preload in backup and restore jobs (custom and stock modes)
- Nandroid backups support /misc in backup and restore jobs (custom mode)
- Devs: 5 extra optional partitions supported in nandroid operations by editing recovery.fstab
- Set special nandroid settings: time zone, toggle md5 check for lightning fast backup and restore, toggle /preload backup and restore, enable nandroid compression using pigz (multi-cpu gzip compression) and choose ors backup target volume
- Recreate md5 sum check for your cwm backups for compatibility with stock CWM if you need to revertcancel nandroid operation with back button
- Create custom_rom.zip from current ROM or from a pre-existing nandroid backup (based on boot, /system and optionally /preload)
- Nandroid backup path auto-renamed with current ROM id from build.prop (ro.modversion, then ro.romversion, then ro.build.display.id)
- Custom backup and restore job list:backup and restore freely any partition combo (include modem and efs)
- Backup/restore EFS in both tar + img formats, now with time tags for both tar and .img
- Supports flash modem.bin image files in addition to custom modem.img files, now support for multiple *.bin versions under dedicated folder
- During custom restore, you can see the contents of the folder you want to restore from
- Delete custom or TWRP backups from recovery menu
- Full wipe before flashing new ROM: wipe user data + format /system and /preload. SD card content is not affected
- full support for open Recovery script specifications include all backup and restore options
- Run openrecovery scripts in 2 modes: on start goomanager boot scripts + one touch menu to either directly open a default path or freely browse for scripts
- Define ors backup target volume from within Nandroid Settings menu
- ors backup/restore in stock clockworkmod or TWRP modes
- Advanced power options menu
- Detailed build info in About menu
How To Install Philz Touch Recovery On Infinix Hot Note x551
1. Download Philz_Touch Recovery Image from here.
2. Place the downloaded recovery on the root of your sdcard.
3. Download, install and launch Mobileuncle.apk app and grant root permission when prompted.
• Is your Infinix Hot Note x551 not rooted? Go here to easily root it.
4. In mobileuncle tools, click on “Recovery Update”.
5. You will see your downloaded recovery as shown from below screenshot. Select the downloaded recovery.
6. Now a pop up will come up, asking “Are you sure to flash recovery?”. Click on OK and wait few sec.
7. After successfully flashing, another pop up will come up asking “Into recovery mode”?. Click OK to boot into your newly installed philz_touch recovery mode.
That’s it, you can now proceed to make nandroid back, flash custom rom, etc… using philz touch recovery.