Xiaomi just announced Redmi 3, the company’s latest budget smartphone in the Redmi series in China. It packs a 5-inch HD screen that is clearly visible under bright sunlight, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 616 SoC, runs on MIUI 7 based on Android Lollipop, has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF), resulting in a quick focus of just 0.1 second and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
It has full metal magnesium alloy unibody design, is 8.5mm thick, weighs 144 grams and packs a huge 4100mAh battery in its compact body. The back has 4166 stars arranged in a diamond pattern that is visible when the light hits at an angle. It has hybrid SIM slot that lets you use the secondary nano SIM slot as a microSD slot when required.
The Xiaomi Redmi 3 comes in Dark Grey, Silver, Gold and Classic Gold colors and is priced at 699 Yuan (US$ 107 / Rs. 7,140 approx.). It will be available in China starting from tomorrow, January 12th. No details about its global roll out yet.
Xiaomi Redmi 3 Full Specifications:
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 616 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor with Adreno 405 GPU2GB LPDDR3 RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- MIUI 7 based on Android Lollipop
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano / microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Dimensions: 139.3 x 69.6 x 8.5mm; Weight: 144g4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh battery / 4100mAh (typical)