Beverage giant, PEPSI has finally launched its long awaited flagship device which is the Pepsi p1s in China. This is coming after release of several rumour specs and leaks. Pepsi is just licensing its branding, and Shenzhen Scooby Communication Equipment Co., Ltd will manufacture the phone. The standard version of the phone is called P1 and the China Unicom version with FDD-LTE support is called P1s.
This device will be powered by a MediaTek MT5692 octa core processor, it will run on a dido OS based on the latest Android version 5.1 lollipop. It features a 5.5-inch 2.5D curved glass display with a resolution of1080 x 1920 pixels and it is built with a sleek aluminum Unibody design.
At the back of the device is a finger print sensor. The rear camera is 13 megapixel while the front facing camera is 5mp. It features 4g LTE connectivity and also supports dual SIM, the second nano sim slot also doubles for a Micro sdcard slot, which means you can either use it as a Nano sim slot or a MicroSD card slot when required. You can check the full specification below.
Pepsi P1s Full Specification:
- 5.5-inch (1080 x 1920 pixels) Full HD 2.5D Curved Screen display
- 1.7 GHz Octa-core MediaTek MT6592 processor with Mali 450-MP4 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, microSD expansion slot
- Hybrid Dual SIM (second nano SIM slot can also be used as microSD slot)
- Dido OS 6.1 based on Android 5.1 (Lollipop)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 152.2 ×76.2×7.7 mm; Weight: 158g
- 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.1 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 3000mAh battery
The Pepsi P1s smartphone comes in Blue, Gold and Silver colors and is available for order through crowdfunding campaign on jd.com in China. Early bird offer of 499 yuan (US$ 78 approx.) is sold out, but you can still order one at 699 yuan (US$ 110 approx.), which is limited to 1000 orders. If this sells out, there will be another 1000 units up for grabs at 999 yuan, after that it will be available at 1299 yuan till the funding ends. The device is boxed with a protective cover, USB cable and a charger. If you really need the device then you have to grab yours before the price increases.